Celiac Muffin Dream Snacks
Tasty Gluten Free Banana Muffin Recipe
This banana muffin recipe is gluten free and a great 'tried &
tasted' healthy muffin recipe that 3 of our family members with Celiac
(gluten intolerance) love to eat straight from Omas kitchen, every chance they get.
Whether you have Celiac or not you will find that this quick and easy
banana muffins gluten free recipe is such a great tasting and filling
snack that you'll want to make it every week.
Recipe Step #1: The 'Dry' Ingredients
- 'Dry' Ingredients List
- - 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- - 1 tsp baking soda
- - 1 tsp baking powder
- - 1 cup chocolate chips(or walnuts)
- - 1 cup dried cranberries
Combine all 'dry' ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Preheat your oven to 160C(350F).
Recipe Step #2: The 'Wet' Ingredients
- 'Wet' Ingredients List
- - 2 eggs
- - 1/2 cup olive oil
- - 1/2 cup sugar(+1 8g packet vanilla sugar if available)
- - 3 overripe bananas
- Combining the 'wet' ingredients
- With a hand or stand mixer combine the eggs, oil & sugar. Mix well.
- Add in the bananas and mix well
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well
Recipe Step #3: bake 'em, Serve'em, Eat'em!
- Pour muffin batter into muffin paper lined (or greased)muffin pan
- Bake at 160C(350F)for 25minutes(toothpick should come out clean)
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, take the muffins out & cool on cooling rack
Serve warm or let cool, decorate as desired or use as a celebration snack. This is a great healthy muffin recipe alternative & completely gluten free.
I have to admit this recipe comes straight from Oma's Kitchen. Growing up, my Mum was a great cook and baker. Walking through a bakery even today whisks me back to the smells and aroma's of my Mom's baking days. With the development of Celiac in several of our family members this is a recipe that is regularly baked as a great snack for the kids and the adults alike. This banana muffin recipe is a great healthy alternative to salty and high sugar processed snacks and at the same time it's a filling and great tasting snack.
Some details for these Banana Muffins
The Serving Totals: 1 dozen -- 12 muffins
The Preparing Time: 11-15 minutes
Baking Time Totals: 20-25 minutes
Return from Banana Muffin Recipe to Healthy-Eating
Return to Family-Life-Parenting