Great Festive Scalloped Potatoes
Even As A Regular Meal!
These scalloped potatoes are easy and quick to get ready and not
just as a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner festive side dish. It is
great as a meat and potato casserole or a simple vegetable dish during
your week. This tasty side dish will go with any celebration.
You can try out our simple steps for the potatoes and the sauce, and you
will have a great potato dish for your next family meal or celebration.
Scalloped-Potatoes: The 'Base'
- Ingredients List
- - 8-9 medium potatoes
- - 1 medium onion
Cut the potatoes and the onions into thin slices and set each aside separately. Try red onions to add some color to the dish. Preheat oven to 175C(350F).
The Potato Sauce
- Ingredients List
- - 1/2 cup butter
- - 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- - 2 pinches salt(1/4 tsp)
- - 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- - 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- - 4 generous cups milk
- Making The 'Sauce'
- Melt the butter in a pot
- Add the flour, salt, pepper and paprika to the butter and mix well
- Stir in milk and continue stirring until sauce boils and gets thicker
- Remove from heat and set aside covered
- Making & Baking The 'Dish'
- Spread half of the sliced potatoes into casserole dish
- Spread half of the sliced onions onto the potato layer
- Pour half of the sauce over the potato and onion layer
- Add the rest of the potatoes, onions and sauce
- Cover & bake(approx.55min) until potatoes are cooked through
- Uncover for the last 5-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve
This is really a great saucy and filling potato casserole dish that our
whole family loves to polish off pretty fast. It is great with chicken
or beef or with our traditional Christmas and Turkey dinner. Try this
scalloped potato recipe this week and enjoy it with your family.
Scalloped Potatoes Details
Serving Totals: serves 10-12
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
The Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Return from Scalloped Potatoes to Celebrations
Return to Family-Life-Parenting