Easy Cookies With M&M's
Kids Can Make In 15 Minutes!
These are easy cookies to make with m&m's, and your kids will love
to help with them. Kids love cookies and chocolate, and these child
friendly, fun m&m cookies fit right in. We like to add seasonally
colored m&m's to make these cookies more festive. For Easter we add
in the spring pastel colored m&m's while Valentine's gets more
reds, whites and pinks, while Christmas gets Reds and greens. This
m&m cookie recipe is easy to follow and a time-saver, taking just 15
minutes to get the dough made and the cookies into the oven. Like all
cookies that we make at home, they never last long but they are always
tasty and they don't usually last into the next day.
Give this one a try with your kids for a homemade snack you will want to make again and again.
Recipe Step #1: The 'Dry' Ingredients
This is a quick 2 step recipe for m&m cookies your whole family will enjoy.
- 'Dry' Ingredients List
- - 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- - 1 cup (vollkorn)whole-wheat flour
- - 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- - 1 cup m&m's
- - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- - 1/2 tsp baking soda
Combine all 'dry' ingredients(except the m&m's) and stir together in a large mixing bowl and set it aside. Keep the m&m's out, and add them in just before dropping the dough onto the cookie sheets. Preheat the oven to 180-200 degrees Celsius (approx. 370-380 Fahrenheit)Recipe Step #2: The 'Wet' Ingredients
Combining the 'wet' ingredients with the 'dry'
- 'Wet' Ingredients List
- - 3/4 cup butter
- - 1 egg beaten
- - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the 'wet' ingredients to the 'dry'
- Mix with your mixer until all ingredients are blended
- Stir in in the 1 cup of m&m's
- Scoop a spoonful of dough and 'drop' on lined cookie sheet
- Space a few cm(1-2 inches) between cookies
- 'Drop' 12-16 cookies on each cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned
- Remove & let cookies cool on cookie sheets a few minutes
- Transfer the cookies to wire cooling racks
Hand out a few warm 'taster' cookies, straight out of the oven. Freeze a batch for a few weeks or store some in an air tight container to enjoy later. At any rate everyone really enjoys these cookies straight out of the oven in our home. Your whole family will love to eat these tasty, easy to make cookies.
Try variations to m&m's like Smarties or Reeses Pieces or Peanut Butter Chips. Have fun together, baking these homemade easy cookies.Some details for these m&m easy cookies
The Serving Totals: 60 cookies
The Preparing Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time Totals: 10-12 minutes per cookie sheet
Return from Easy Cookies to Healthy-Eating
Return from Easy Cookies to Family-Life-Parenting