Reeces Pieces Cookie Mix Jar
A Celebrations Gift For
Family & Friends
Your family and friends will delight in receiving this cookie mix jar
for any celebration during the year. These are fun gifts in a jar that
can be stored on the shelf for several months. Layer the 'dry'
ingredients for the cookie jar as outlined and add the instructions on a
plain or colored card stock label. Add a personal touch to dressing up
a 1 Liter canning jar with fabric and ribbon. You will enjoy making
these gifts in a jar and seeing the smiles of your friends receiving
them. With all materials ready it will take 7-10 minutes to prepare one
of these cookie gifts.
Follow the cookie mix in a jar steps and have some really great gifts in
a jar ready for your next celebration with family and friends.
Preparing 1 Cookie Jar: The 'Dry' Ingredients
- 'Dry' Ingredients List
- - 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- - 1 cup (vollkorn)whole-wheat flour
- - 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- - 1 cup reeces pieces
- - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- - 1/2 tsp baking soda
Using a 1 liter canning jar layer and pack firmly the 'dry' ingredients in the order listed. Use an 18-20cm fabric circle on top of the cookie jar and tie it with a nice ribbon around the neck of the canning cookie jar. Prepare 1 label size gift tag from card stock (write by hand or print from the computer) and attach it to the ribbon. Add extra decorations to the jar with markers and stickers to highlight the celebration as desired.
To Prepare 10 Cookie Jars: The 'Dry' Ingredients
- 'Dry' Ingredient Amounts
- - 12 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- - 10 cups (vollkorn)whole-wheat flour
- - 12 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- - 10 cups reeces pieces
- - 5 tsp baking powder
- - 5 tsp baking soda
Prepare each cookie jar as above, always making sure 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar goes into each cookie jar.
- Additional Material Supplies
- - 60cm by 100cm cotton fabric
- - 5 m length of ribbon
- - 10 1 liter canning jars with lids and rings
- - 2 (8.5x11 or A4) pieces of plain or colored card stock
Add your personal touch to these gifts with fabric designs and ribbon colors or your choice. Write the recipe guidelines by hand or print them on the tags with the computer. These are great gifts for any celebration, whether Birthdays, Seasonal Celebrations or just "We've been thinking about you".
Recipe Instructions: The Gift Tag
- Gift Tag Instructions
- Stir thoroughly jar contents in a large mixing bowl
- Mix in 3/4 cup softened butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 beaten egg
- Drop spoonfuls of dough every few cm on lined cookie sheet
- Bake at 190ºC/375ºF (10-12min) or until edges slightly browned
- Remove, cool on cookie sheets(5min) then transfer to wire racks
For all 10 gift jars, build a system to either complete one jar at a
time or filling one ingredient at a time for all the jars. The time
will vary, but having all materials and supplies prepared will cut down
the total time needed to get these gifts ready.
Spice it up a bit when making a cookie mix jar with variations to Reeces
Pieces like adding m&m's, Smarties, Peanut Butter Chips or
chocolate chunks and have fun making these great gift jars together.
Cookie mix jar details
Cookies From 1 Jar: 60 Cookies
Preparing Each Jar: 5 minutes contents
Jar Decoration Time: 5 minutes
Return from Cookie Mix Jar to Celebrations
Return from Cookie Mix Jar to Family-Life-Parenting