Easy Hospital Bag Checklist!
Having your hospital bag ready 2-3 weeks before your due date has
been such a stress relief for both of us with each of our 5 births.
Plan what to pack for the hospital when having a baby using our hospital
bag checklist to save you time and reduce stress when it is your baby's
time to come.
Go to the hospital maternity open house session and find out what they
provide for you and your baby, and what they recommend you bring along.
Even 'Dad to be' can pack your pregnancy bag if needed.
Just For Mum To Be
- 2 extra changes of comfortable clothe
- slippers, underwear, 3 maternity bras
- leg warmers, thick warm socks
- bathrobe and nightgown
- shampoo, conditioner, massage oil, toothbrush & toothpaste
- hair brush, comb, hair clips & elastics
- hand cream, face cream, compact mirror, make-up, lip balm
- breast pads, large sanitary napkins, breastfeeding nipple shields
- hot water bottle, tennis ball or massage ball
- 2 wash cloths, a towel and Kleenex tissues
- books, magazines, playing cards, ipod for music
- coins for calling, calling card or cell phone
- digital camera & video camcorder
- snacks & drinks
For Your Newborn Baby
Familiarize yourself with how you will get to the hospital, the easiest route to take, how long it takes and find alternative routes in case of traffic. Check out the entrances and how to get to the maternity ward especially at night after 'regular' hours.
- 2 warm newborn baby clothing outfits
- warm baby hat, scratch mittens and a baby pacifier
- soft warm baby blanket & a newborn baby sack
- baby changing bag, newborn diapers, baby wipes and bum cream
With your pregnancy bag prepared ahead of time, you are hospital ready.
Congratulations to you on the upcoming addition to your family.
Return from Hospital Bag to Pregnancy Plus
Return to Family-Life-Parenting